Pam Docherty — Precious Metal and Clay Jeweller
Constantly exploring new techniques and materials
Pam's jewellery has found its way to many countries worldwide. "I collected seed pods from my garden of 30 years which I silvered for personal wear as a fond memory of my garden. I now collect pods and leaves locally which I enjoy making into beautiful pieces.
It all began by chance when my husband met an old friend and discovered that he and his wife had built an Artisans Retreat at Tinonee NSW. We signed up for classes one of which was precious metal clay. I fell in love with the art immediately and was soon attending other classes. In Revesby (Ceramic and Craft) when there were no more classes available I persuaded the instructor to visit my home and encouraged friends to come to make up the numbers.
Initially I made gifts for friends and family. After retiring and relocating from the lower Blue Mountains to Tenterfield, I was invited to join Borderline Regional Arts Association and exhibited at the Artists Collective Studio which I became part of until recently.
My work is still available for sale there in Tenterfield, and at Stanthorpe Regional Art Gallery. I have won prizes at the Tenterfield Show and Inverell Art Gallery. Last year I was invited to take a 2 day workshop at "Go Create" in Kentucky NSW, a beautiful venue. I so enjoyed that experience that I would like to teach more classes.
I am constantly exploring new techniques and materials in my silver work and have included 22K gold into some designs. I still find it challenging and rewarding, It is my relaxation.I hope that you will be as enthusiastic as I was after my first workshop more than 15 years ago."
Workshop 1 - An Introduction to Precious Metal Clay
- Using Fine 99.9% silver, to make your very own Pendant.
- This is an opportunity to gain insight into the wonderful art of metal clay.
- I will teach you how to produce your own basic Fine silver pendant ready for firing and polishing, a memento of your visit to Channon Wines and the creative art which will be on display.
- Classes will operate with a minimum of 2 students, maximum of 4. This will allow for current distancing regulations.
- Materials $40
- Postage and Packing $15 (I will post your creation to you after I fire it at home after GBART)
- Tuition Firing and polishing $50: Total $105
Workshop 2 - Produce a Fine Silver Charm
- I will be demonstrating my Silver art; an opportunity to make a small charm using a mould which I will have prepared earlier.
- The cost of materials for this will be $35 payable on the day.
- For further information and bookings: phone: 0427 174 500 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.