Boomerang Bags Stanthorpe — Upcycled Sewing
Transform reclaimed materials into bags and other useful items
Boomerang Bags Stanthorpe volunteers meet weekly to transform reclaimed materials into bags and other useful items. Formed in 2016, the group is permanently housed in a private area of The Summit Hall and uses creative processes to work with the materials at hand such as pillow cases, sheets, doona covers, coffee sacks and animal feed bags.
Made items are distributed in the community where the general public can grab a bag for a small donation. Boomerang Bags also partners with various community groups on creative projects such as making free library bags for school students, pencil cases for children's workshops at the art gallery, and free bags for the Food Is Free project, to name but a few.
A visit to the Boomerang Bags Stanthorpe collective allows visitors to:
- See the creative set up including our mighty wall of donations.
- Have a look around the sewing centre and chat to our volunteers about our latest projects.
- If you would like to try your hand at an industrial sewing machine we can guide you in having a go.
- You can purchase items from our retail area for a fantastic memento of Stanthorpe.
- There are no set demonstration times.
- Drop by anytime during opening hours.