Savour the Granite Belt’s thriving art and craft community
GBART, as we have fondly named it, is a dedication to all things creative and showcases the ever-growing talent of the artisans who call the Granite Belt home. Held over three huge days, follow the trail map to discover a variety of local artisans, as they exhibit at studios and galleries as well as taking up residence in community spaces.
The Granite Belt Art and Craft Trail program encourages visitors to gallery hop their way around the Granite Belt. Gallery and workshop spaces range from artisans in residence at their private studios to artisan collectives in some of the region’s best wineries and award winning cafes. Witness our artisans expand their creativity into the ambience of our village’s small halls. This self drive trail provides the perfect opportunity to enjoy the picturesque landscapes around Stanthorpe and the Granite Belt, including national parks, mountains, award-winning wineries and local cafes.
GBART prides itself on being more than simply an exhibition of art. As a visitor to GBART:
- you can enrol in a class
- you can watch a demonstration
- you can get in and have a go.
Spring on the Granite Belt = art + wine + gourmet delights
GBART is held during spring in Queensland’s Granite Belt Wine Country. Famous for its fresh farm gate produce, gourmet food trails and boutique cellar doors, the Granite Belt delivers the perfect balance of country charm and cosmopolitan finesse. Spring on the Granite Belt will have your creative longings inspired by warm sunny days and cool crisp nights.
- It is the season when the orchards which dot the region come to life with beautiful spring blossoms.
- As Queensland’s premier wine district, it’s the perfect time to enjoy new vintage tastings and to experience the myriad of vineyards in beautiful green bud.
- GBART begins at the top of the Granite Belt at Dalveen (about 2.5 hours from Brisbane) and winds its way south to the New South Wales border.